Viewing posts for the category Helicopters
The Mil Mi-1 (originally known to US intelligence as the Type-32 and later by the NATO reporting name Hare) was a Soviet three-seat light utility helicopter. It is powered by one 575 hp Ivchenko AI-26V radial. It entered service in 1950 and was first seen on the 1951 Soviet Aviation Day, Tushino and has since been produced for 16 years with several hundred built.
In our Museum this type of helicopter is presented by two-pilot training variant. Registration number CCCP-24057, Aeroflot colours.
Kamov Ka-26 first flight was performed on 18th august, 1965 (test-pilot V. Gromov). In 1966 this helicopter was awarded with Gold Medal at International Agricultural Equipment and Machinery Exhibition and in 1967 was introduced at Paris International Airshow in Le-Bourget.
This type was the first Soviet-built helicopter certified under USA airworthiness rules FAR-29 and was the sole helicopter type designed in USSR only for civil aviation use.